Sunday 17 November 2013

MUA Eyeshadow Trios, Review!

Depending where you are in the world,Good Afternoon/evening/Morning!

Its Sunday afternoon here in cold rainy Scotland & I'm very much looking forward to a lovely Roast Chicken Dinner, which I shall be cooking as soon as I've finished this post!


So, as I've mentioned & photographed in recent posts, I bought some MUA products from Superdrug to try out & review. Today, I am going to be reviewing the cute little MUA Eyeshadow Trios, of which I have 3! Yes, 3 trios...

MUA is a budget beauty brand & their products are very cheap, I will be honest by saying that their cheapness actually put me off slightly in the past as I thought it would be cheap crap! But after buying and trying out some of their products, I have to say I am impressed!

The packing of these eyeshadows & pretty much their whole range is pretty basic looking but don't let that put you off as its the product inside that really matters (to me anyway)

I bought 3 of these Eyeshadow Trios, 'Smoke Screen, Chocolate Box & Pink Sorbet. I love the names of these & was surprised they didn't just have numbers instead of names, like the Lipsticks and Single Eyeshadows do.

Smoke Screen


'Smoke Screen' is a trio designed to give you a smoky eye look. It contains 1 white, 1 grey & a black eyeshadow.They are all gorgeous shimmery colours and work very well together. On the pack of the packaging is a little description telling you which colour goes where on your eyelid, which I think is a brilliant idea as not everyone would be sure which goes where. 




Chocolate Box


'Chocolate Box'  is a trio of lovely chocolately colours. 1 Orange-y Brown, 1 milk chocolate & a very slightly darker milk Chocolate Colour...although to my eyes they look very similar. As you can see in the swatches I've taken. Once again these colours have been designed so you can wear them all together. With a little description on the back telling you which Colour has to go where. 




Pink Sorbet


 'Pink Sorbet' is a trio of beautiful pink tones. 1 baby pink, 1 mid pink & a darker pink-y Mink colour. These are all shimmery and are really beautiful. The pics don't do them justice. I struggled to capture the true shimmeryness in photos which is a shame. Once again there is a small description idicating which colour goes where.





I would say all of these colours are really pigmented, which I didn't expect for such cheap eyeshadows. They are all shimmery and look really pretty! Each trio was only £3 which is a great price in my opinion for such a lovely eyeshadows. When applying the eyeshadow I did find that you get a lot of fall out which is a pain! I think if used with a little water it may reduce the fall out, but I've yet to try this. Each eyeshadow Trion comes with their own little double ended eyeshadow brush, I haven't actually tried these as I have my Real Techniques eyeshadow brushes that I like to use, but could be handy if you're out and about & don't fancy taking out your full sizes brushes with you.

For the price, I think these are great, despite the fall out, I do really like them and I would recommend them. They are cheap and cheerful & the colours are really pretty!

Have you tried MUA  eyeshadow before? What did you think?

Ax





No comments:

Post a Comment